SHARP aims to design and coordinate the enhancement of the scientific learning community to provide for better academic and social integration of students.
- INTRODUCTION TO RESEARCH: This course provides a foundation of proper scientific behavior, ethics, safety training, and fundamentals of research.
- RESEARCH SEMINAR: This course meets weekly for students to develop their critical thinking and presentation skills, furthering their skills base, increasing their motivation, and providing greater social integration through peer-to-peer interaction.
- SPEAKER SERIES: As part of the Research Seminar course, the research scholars will provide inspiration for students through a formal scientific seminar and interactions with SHARP students in an informal setting.
- SYMPOSIUM: The SHARP Symposium will allow students to present their work to the campus and community.
- FUTURE PLANNING: Students will be supported in planning their undergraduate careers, prepare their curricula vitae, to provide them mentoring, tutoring, GRE exam preparation, and graduate school applications. […]